Friday, April 21, 2017

LOST

Lake Okeechobee in southern Florida is my latest focus while I camp nearby.

A 117 page recreation guide can be downloaded in PDF to learn more about his unique area.

I am cramping in an RV park near the lake.

My neighbors are close enough to almost pass the Grey Poupon out the window. To give you an idea, out my front door on the huge side, I put out my 8 foot awning then rolled out my 9 by 12 foot outdoor patio mat. The rug touches the fifth wheel rig next door. On the other side, if I suck in my belly, holding my breath, I can squeeze by my rig and the lot next door.

Bicycling for exercise is easy enough, for shopping not so easy. Downright scary. Not even sure biking to shop will work at all. The stores are about 3 miles away, but the safety factor of getting there on bicycle is something I haven't mastered at this point and time.

LOST
The Lake Okeechobee Scenic Trail

There is a marvelous paved trail on top of the berm that surrounds Lake Okeechobee. No shade, but perfect for bike riding. The scenery is awesome. However I have to go over scary tiny bridge with no where for bikes or pedestrians with cars flying by at 50-90 mph and about 1/4 mile on both sides  of bridge down hair-raising busy highway riding on teensy tiny roadside with braille bumps, then POOF, if I can cross traffic to make a left,  without peeing in my pants,  I can go down a side street that wanders through another RV park, then up a hill and onto the berm.

PHEW!

At the top of the berm, a whole new world appears. Flat riding more or less, like traversing on top of a small mountain ridge with fabulous downward views of the huge lake on one side with the canals, busy highway and outskirts of town on the other side.

A Rose by Any Other Name 
As time went on, the popular name for the trail became the “LOST” trail. Some folks are still looking for a more noble or elegant name. Others like the romantic notion of getting LOST for the weekend on the Lake Okeechobee Scenic Trail.


Thank you for shopping 
Amazon with my links
It helps feed a dog, his pet human and their wheel estate.

THANK YOU for stopping by today.

Life is goof.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Life is goof!