Tuesday, August 01, 2017

Storm Emily

Sometimes  I am happy when the weather forecasters are dead wrong.

First we had someone upstairs drain that bathtub in the sky. It rained nonstop for a few days. Now I love rain, but I live in a teeny tiny motorhome with a small smelly dog that desperately needed a good bathing. I have to do this on a sunny day so I can do the drying and toweling outdoors.

Small smelly dog also needs walks and mutt time to do his doggy thing outside. This is rather messy in the rains. For both of us. Even if we bundle up in our rain gear and take an umbrella, somehow we both come back very wet and sometimes miserable too.

Then the forecasters jumped on the bandwagon announcing Tropical Storm Emily just west of us headed for Tampa and due to cross right over my current RV spot. Emily was expected to get worse not better. She was moving at a snail's pace. This is never good as it gives a storm time to build up strength.

We were told to expect nonstop very heavy rains for the next 4-5 days. Here I am on day 2 sitting outside typing in clear sunshine.

Thank you forecasters  for being so  very wrong!

Emily was downgraded to a tropical depression. She is now sailing out to sea on the eastern Atlantic side of Florida. Bye bye Emily!

Well, I am delighted to announce, we dodged another bullet.

Life is grand.

If you missed out on yesterday's ridiculously low priced deal on the 3kw generator, don't worry. There are plenty of other generators still available for sale. I just mentioned that one yesterday in case any of my faithful readers were in the market for a fantastic deal on a powerful generator that was only available for 20 more hours at the time I posted it.

There was a time in that not so distant past, that generators were completely unavailable. Supply and demand somehow became out of whack.

I stumbled into that fabulous bargain because I happened to visit Today's Deals. 

Wish I was here!


1 comment:

  1. I wish you could send some of that rain out west. We are so dry and so hot. Triple digits for weeks and more of the same in the forecast. I wish our weatherman would be as wrong as yours! Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete


Life is goof!